It is a universal fact that many women become their own mothers. During my childhood and teenage years I always tried not to do what my mother said 🙂 but somehow those seeds of wisdom took root and before I knew it I was practicing her sayings and now I know deep within me that someday I would pass on the same to my daughter and may be in the same tone 😉
A mother-daughter equation is a celebration of world’s most precious relationship. It’s a bond where both share the invaluable lessons they have learnt about life, love and happiness. I would like to share the same here.
My Mother Taught Me :-
1. How to live my life. Never ever I remember a day where she has compared me with my so very talented elder brother who was extremely talented in academics, amazing athlete, soft-spoken overall liked by all kinda guy.
2. Add pinch of love to everything that I do, it makes life taste sweeter. I have very happy memories of my growing up years. I have never seen my parents fight or have any disagreements in front of us. I have always seen my mum spread love and warmth around her.
3. Her strong sense of justice and fairness. Be it our pocket-money, curfew timings, living away from home, our weddings and her finally writing the will, my mother’s underlying sense of fairness has taught me that people ought to be treated as equals.
4. That everyone I meet is as important as I am. Tolerance towards others makes life both easier and richer.
5. That each generation has their own traits. She doesn’t expect people to be the way she was when she was young, and that reflects very prominently when she whole heartedly welcomed her daughter -in-law without imposing any traditional and cultural restrictions on her.
6. That a still tounge keeps a wise head. Me still learning 🙂
7. That there is no place like home. How true!
There’s a Jewish proverb that god could not be everywhere and he made mothers. I feel so blessed to have her in my life. The things maa said in past always warms my heart and brings a smile. Love you Maa!